The MOMS Club® began in 1983 when Mary James, an at-home mother in
California, decided she was tired of being alone at home. She wanted to meet
other at-home mothers and she wanted to find other at-home children for her
children to play with. When she discovered there were no other organizations
that met during the day and allowed her to come with her baby and preschooler,
she decided to start a brand new organization just for at-home mothers, and the
MOMS Club was born.
The chapter she started was so successful, she knew mothers in other areas
must be needing the MOMS Club, too. Soon she and other volunteers were
helping mothers start MOMS Clubs across the country and around the world!
We now have over 2,000 chapters in the US alone and over 100,000 members!
We also have 7 international chapters.
THE PURPOSE OF MOMS CLUB® IS:
- Provide a support group for mothers who choose to stay at home to raise
- Provide a forum for topics pertinent to children, child-raising, homemaking,
personal improvement and the family.
- Engage in activities to enrich the lives of children in the community.
- Undertake and complete at least one charitable, humanitarian, or social
welfare project related to children each year.
THE PRINCIPLES OF MOMS CLUB® ARE:
- Women must be free to choose their personal path to fulfillment.
- For women who choose it, raising children is an important and fulfilling
- A family's decision for a mother to stay at home to raise the children often
involves considerable financial sacrifice.
- There is no one right way to raise children, but our members have a
common concern in raising their children in a healthful way.